The Dangers Of Self-Medicating
Whitney Houston, who died of cocaine use, heart disease and drowning, was a walking pharmacy. She had several drugs in her system when she died - namely cocaine and marijuana, which is sometimes mixed with toxic additives, in addition to pharmaceuticals Xanax, Flexeril and Benadryl, which all have a heavy sedative effect. In short, she was zonked. Flexeril is a muscle relaxer (which can relax the heart as well) and anti-anxiety drug Xanax, in tandem with the cocaine, gave her heart a beating it could not stand up to.
But this is the Hollywood lifestyle, where celebrities and executives take drugs to forget their problems and get high, which is their definition of partying. What some don't get is that in Hollywood drugs are seen as a good thing, something positive, when in actuality they are not. In Hollywood drugs are apart of the party...even if it kills you. Hollywood needs to change its attitude towards drugs and alcohol.